Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Sunday

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. Ok, I really do love it and all it's conveniences but... sometimes, it would be nice to actually get dressed for church on conference Sunday and actually go to the building like the old days when I was young. Growing up we didn't go to conference very often, but the times we did, I still remember. Because of technology, I know that I would still stay at home and watch it from the comfiness of my couch in my pjs, but the thought is nice. There have been a lot of things going on lately and conference was a good boost to help me realize where I want my life to go. It is always uplifting and spiritual but this time I really felt the Spirit, despite sitting on the couch in my pjs snuggling with my sick little girl. I really felt like these messages were exactly what I needed to hear! I've added to my bucket list...go to conference in person. I think it would be an amazing experience. The most important message I received from conference was the importance of living worthy of having a temple recommend. I've been holding off on going to the temple for absolutely no good reason and I am ready to start the process. I want to be able to see my dad's work get done. I am so excited for that day. I want to be a good example to Khylee. I want her to see that I make it a priority in my life. Spring is such a beautiful season. As I look around at the cherry blossom trees, the birds chirping, and the daffodils blooming, I am constantly reminded of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for me. Because of him, I am able to return to live with my family again someday. I know that I will get to see my dad and brother again and I am so comforted with that knowledge. We just had our first daffodil pop up and they have bloomed every year since they were planted in the dark month of September when my brother died. They always remind me of the plan of salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment