Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Forks!!

So, as many of you know, I am an avid Twi-hard! I have never enjoyed reading until these books came out. I am very glad that I was talked into reading them. Erica and I have talked about going to Forks for awhile now. We figured since there were people flying in from different countries, we could drive the four hours. We had made plans to go for my birthday but they fell through. We found out that Stephenie Meyer/Bella's Birthday was being celebrated and literally planned it on a couple days notice.
It was the first time I had left Khylee overnight so I was a little nervous. I arrived at Erica's house at 4:00 Saturday morning and we were on our way. We had SO much fun. It was not as hard to leave Khylee overnight, but I certainly missed her a lot! We got the whole tour: Forks High School, Bella's House, The Cullen Residence, Jacob's House, and First Beach and La Push (which was amazingly beautiful). We also heard an awesome band Saturday night and I of course bought their cd and got a picture with them! It was a lot of fun and I was so happy to meet awesome people while we were there!
Never knew I'd get so close to Edward...lol
A girl on our tour carried this cut-out around with her all day (literally!)
Forks High School's very own copy of Twilight.
Erica and I got to help judge this look alike contest. We felt SO cool! (It's all about who you know....)
This was a washed up stump on First Beach in La Push. Isn't it cool?

3 comments:

  1. You've been having a lot of fun lately! I can't believe how much Khylee has grown! What a cutie! Its fun to read about your adventures and I hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fun! I've wondered about Forks. I may have to go there someday. So is the Cullen's house and everything they filmed in the movie actually in Forks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's so great that you went up there! when the books came out we were here in Utah and i've told my family to go up there and at least tour it all for me! but someday i'll have to jusdt plan the trip, we don't go up to Wash very often, maybe once a year so it's hard to plan something like that! still so jealous! i'm counting down till New Moon comes out!! we bought tickets for the midnight showing months ago!

    ReplyDelete