Recently I have been looking into Master's Programs. I haven't decided if I want to get a MA in Special Ed, Math, or ELL. I have a strong passion for math and special education (both of which I wanted to do in high school). Currently I am a math specialist and I LOVE it! It would be great to have a Master's in Mathematics but with the way our education is going, special ed knowledge and skills are SO important. Inclusion is an amazing concept in the general ed classroom but the teachers need the knowledge and skills to meet the academic and behavioral needs of all of their students. I want to be the best teacher I can with the most skills and knowledge I can acquire. Now with all of that being said, I have a lot of praying, pondering, and researching to do....
I have started looking at different schools and what they have to offer. Of course, it is already April and most of the deadlines were the end of March. I am not sure when or where I will go so I am keeping my options open.
BYU has so many pros and cons. And I have listed some of them:
BYU has so many pros and cons. And I have listed some of them:Pros:
- Tuition prices are amazing
- Spiritual environment
- New atmosphere
- Housing prices are reasonable
- Only a 9 hour drive to DISNEYLAND!!! (LOL)
Cons:
- It isn't anything like BYU-Hawaii
- I won't really know anyone
- Moving
- Snow....LOTS of snow
- Re-establishing myself in school districts so I can sub
- Being a single mom in Provo
I know there are plenty more but that is the list I have started. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
My sister lives in Provo and subs. They use a temp agency, and the requirements to sub are different than here in WA. Hope that helps ;-) (Not that I think you should leave.)
ReplyDeleteThanks. That is good information. Does she stay busy?
ReplyDeleteYou would have no problem subbing down here and would definitely stay busy. Provo is a totally different experience than Nebo (south) or Alpine (north). Both those districts do in house subbing. I would have you sub for me no problem!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nicole. Are you in Provo? I didn't realize you were so close...I might have more questions for you as I get closer to making a decision.
ReplyDelete